Granola Bar Recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil (or real butter)
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 TBS real peanut butter (optional)
+ whatever extras you want to throw in (dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, etc)
1. Heat stovetop to medium heat
2. In pan, add coconut oil and honey. Stir to melt and combine.
3. The oil and honey will start to bubble and turn an amber colour (see picture below)
(don't let it get too dark or you will have made candy)
Leave it for 30 seconds to a minute, then turn off the heat, and add vanilla. Stir.
4. Add oats and optional peanut butter. Stir together until combined.
5. Add any extras that you would like to have in your granola bars. In the picture
below, I added dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds.
6. Spread into a baking sheet. If you line it with parchment paper, it's easy to lift it out
for the cutting process.
7. Refrigerate. When cool, lift parchment paper off baking sheet and cut granola into
desired size. Makes approx 8 bars.